Cyber Awareness Month - SSO Now available in Qudos 3
4th October 2022 - Cyber Security Month | SSO now available in Qudos 3
Cyber Security Awareness Month
October is Cyber Security Awareness Month and in the light of recent events it couldn't be more timely. Local and International events have only served to reinforce the need to be vigilant and ensure that our cyber security arrangements are up to scratch.
Qudos is planning a range of initiatives to mark Cyber Security Awareness Month. They include:
- 3 free webinars on information security - Look out for an announcement about those very shortly.
- A number of significant enhancements to our Qudos 3 software to extend even further the support provided for an effective ISMS.
- Additional blog articles in the series ISO 27001 Information Security in plain English.
Cyber Security versus Information Security
Both of these terms have now entered everyday vocabulary, but are they the same thing or do they both mean something different? Well, strictly speaking they do mean something different.
Cyber Security refers to protecting data in cyberspace. Information Security includes Cyber Security but extends to also include the broader context of protecting data elsewhere (such as that retained in hard copy, local storage devices etc.).
SSO (Single Sign-On) now available in Qudos 3
The number of software applications and web sites we all use seems to continually grow, and it can become overwhelming to keep track of multiple sets of login credentials. Single sign-on (SSO) is a popular solution to that problem. SSO is an authentication process that enables users to log in to numerous applications with just a single set of credentials. It can offer numerous benefits, including:
- Improve information security by reducing the number of attach vectors or points where an unauthorised user can gain access.
- Help with regulatory approval compliance for authentication, audit and more.
- Improve productivity for individual workers – saving time searching password managers.
- Reduce ‘password fatigue’ where workers struggle to remember passwords and may use the same or similar passwords for multiple applications.
- Improve productivity for your IT support team by reducing the number of password setups and help tickets.
Blog series 'ISO 27001 Information Security in plain English'
Qudos is running a series of articles where we work through all the clauses and controls in the ISO 27001 Information Security standard. A great starting point for developing your ISMS.
This blog series began with an introductory webinar. A copy of the slide deck is available for you here:
Qudos_ISO_27001 Information_Security_in_plain_English (PDF)
For now, all articles to date are available from our main blog index.
Click the LinkedIn Follow button below to receive notifications.
There's nothing like word of mouth to share creative content. So, if you found this blog useful, please share it with a colleague or business associate.
Ready to start your journey to ISO 27001?
The first step to commencing a management system based on ISO 27001 is to conduct a Gap Analysis. We can provide a qualified, experience certification auditor to perform a professional Gap Analysis service for you.
Contact us today to discuss your needs!