Qudos 3 Technical Support
A series of Technical Support Articles are available. Unless otherwise stated, these articles are based on the latest version of Qudos 3.
Qudos 3 is compatible with recent versions of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (General compatibility - however, update to a more recent browser is recommended)
We do not recommend use with Firefox.
Qudos 3 uses pop-ups for some functions. The users' Pop-up blocker should be set to allow pop-ups from the site hosting the application.
Third party toolbars
These can cause problems with the functioning of web applications such as Qudos 3. It is recommended that they are configured to allow normal operation, or switched off if not required.
Multi-lingual data entry
Qudos 3 has a SQL Server database with text entry fields formatted for unicode data - which means that they may accept the extended set of characters needed for multi-lingual support.
Server system requirements (for self-hosted installations only)
Server running Windows Server 2012 or later with IIS, Dotnet framework 4.6, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later. Allow 200MB space for application. Space for Documents as per client requirements. We generally recommend separate application and database servers.
Qudos 3 has an extensive Help system with numerous "How to..." sections that explain key activities. The Help system is available from the Help menu within the application, and also from a hyperlink on the Welcome page. From most forms, you may press the F1 function key to get context-sensitive help
A series of training and product information videos are available for download from Qudos 3 menu item Help / Resource Centre.
Product update and information emails are sent to your nominated contacts.
Technical Support Articles
A series of Technical Support Articles are available. Unless otherwise stated, these articles are based on the latest version of Qudos 3.
PDF document that covers installation and setup. This is available to nominated contacts for self-hosted clients via the Downloads page.
Your nominated contact person(s) may request direct support by email, or by using the Technical Support Request Form.
Note: Direct technical support is available to current maintenance subscribers only.
Technical Support Articles
Qudos 3 is a web application - which offers a great deal of advantages, including; time and cost savings in roll-out, ease and flexibility of remote access, and reduced maintenance. In many cases, issues may relate to the environment in which the software is operating e.g. your browser, Windows server settings, security and content management software. Many of the following items relate to such topics.
- TSA 0035: The display of some lists requires the use of horizontal scroll bar to see the last columns
- TSA 0034: Callback or internal server error reported when uploading a document or attachment
- TSA 0033: Document downloading instead of opening
- TSA 0032: Edit rights to a record are reserved for someone who is not logged in
- TSA 0031: Error running QS3 Notify reminder program in v3.36
- TSA 0030: Access denied when revising documents
- TSA 0029: Unify Topics
- TSA 0028: Permissions changed or features not working after update
- TSA 0027: Chrome users: Document not displaying
- TSA 0026: Emails for new / revised documents
- TSA 0025: Menu display - items not selecting
- TSA 0024: Error 404 when trying to upload a document or attachment
- TSA 0023: Unable to assign an Action to someone without a user account
- TSA 0022: Unable to unlock a record that is locked in your own name
- TSA 0021: PDF documents opening in a small window - and unable to resize it
- TSA 0020: Procedure button - 404 error or opening incorrect file
- TSA 0019: Unable to log in
- TSA 0018: Alert message "Maximum number of users has been reached" when valid user tries to log in
- TSA 0017: Prompted to log in when enabling edit of a document
- TSA 0016: The record is locked for editing by (person's name)
- TSA 0015: A revised document has been uploaded, but the previous version is being displayed
- TSA 0014: Action Form “Follow Up date” field and calendar inactive
- TSA 0013: Reminder email notifications not being received
- TSA 0012: Action Form or other data entry form is flickering
- TSA 0011: Why do I sometimes get a message "You do not have read permissions to this module"
- TSA 0010: IE Pop-up alert 'Do you want to move away from this page?
- TSA 0009: Pop-ups for Document or People Lookup forms not displaying full-size
- TSA 0008: Moving Qudos 3 to a new server
- TSA 0007: Adding a Master Document List viewer
- TSA 0006: Web forms not refreshing: Displaying data from previous record
- TSA 0005: No tab controls / Unable to scroll to see all parts of form
- TSA 0004: Unable to display documents with particular file extensions
- TSA 0003: Error Message - The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address
- TSA 0002: Being 'timed-out' or denied access to modules in less than the set time-out period
- TSA 0001: Icons not displaying in reports
If none of these articles answers your query, current maintenance subscribers may request direct support by email, or by using the Technical Support Request Form.
This issue may occur on some monitors after the columns displayed has been customised.
Click the 'Column reset' button and the issue should be resolved. You may then add back multiple columns without any display problem.
This error may occur due to an issue with the relevant document folder or temp folder. It may occur in a self-hosted installation after installation, update, or change of server. Please verify that:
- The required document and temp folders exist.
- They have approporiate security permissions to allow the required access.
- They are correctly identified in Qudos 3 Settings.
When a user clicks on a document link in Qudos 3, the software delivers the selected document to the user’s device. Qudos 3 is intended to operate with a range of devices and browsers, and the method of controlling how to handle that document is controlled by the user’s local environment – in particular, by the browser. Older browsers will often simply open a selected document. Recent versions of browsers such as Chrome will typically default to downloading the document – requiring the user to subsequently open it. Nonetheless, you can ‘train’ Chrome to automatically open files of certain types. We recommend that you consult with your IT support before making any changes. Steps in Chrome are basically as follows:
- Download a document. You should see it displayed in the downloads bar at the bottom of the page.
- When the downloading is complete, right-click on it and select the option: "Always open files of this type". This marks the file type so that in future, they are run automatically whenever downloaded to your device. Please note that in some versions of Chrome, and for some file types, the option may be worded slightly differently.
- You may repeat the process for other file types.
If required, the setting is reversible from within Chrome.
The symptom: When a record is opened, the software displays a message that it is reserved for editing by another (named) user. However, that user is not currently logged in.
Background info: When a user opens a data entry form (such as an Action), it reserves the edit rights for them (so you don’t get 2 people editing the same record simultaneously). It reserves those rights until the user closes the form or their session times out (due to inactivity).
The cause: The issue can therefore be caused by the user not closing the form properly by clicking on the Close button, but by just clicking on the browser “Cross” at the top right corner of their screen. This causes them to ‘crash out’ of the software - which doesn’t know they have closed their browser. The code which is used to reserve those editing rights for them won’t release the form until their session times out. We set the session time-out to 61 minutes by default - although a different value may be selected by your system administrator.
The solution: Please ask users to close any data entry forms (such as Action Form or Audit Record) properly by clicking on the Close button.
If you do receive the message, either ask the user who locked the record to log in, open it and then close with the Close button, or wait for the session variable to time-out
This may occur in version 3.36 and is caused by missing DLL files.
The issue was resolved in the Reminder Program available in our downloads portal from 15 March 2019.
If you have a v3.36 Reminder Program from an install set before that date, you may fix the issue by copying the set of DLLs from your your Qudos 3 applications Libs/DE160213 folder to the folder where the QS3Notify.exe file resides.
When revising documents, Qudos 3 moves the superseded document to an Archive folder on the hosting server.
This requires that the software is given permission to do that. If the permission is not granted, an ‘Access Denied’ error will result.
Instructions on setting up server document folders with the required permissions are provided in the installation section of the Admin Guide (available in menu item Help / Resource Centre / Documents).
This article relates to installations being updated to version 3.36. Over the years, we have added Topic or Category fields in various modules to help you better define your records and refine searches. In version 3.36, all these fields have been renamed on the forms as Topic. This integration creates consistency and means that you only have to create topics in one place.
Download article for the steps to unify Topic options that you make available to your users.
TSA 0028: Permissions changed or features not working after update
It is worth checking with your technical support team to verify whether there have been any related security or functional changes in the update that affect the intended usage. Where that is not the case, the issue is most likely to be caused by the user's browser caching older versions of pages. Sometimes those pages will not work 100% with the current version of the software.
The solution is to clear browsing data. That forces the browser to load the new version of the page and the issue should disappear.
TSA 0027: Chrome users: Document not displaying
This note applies to people using Qudos 3 via the Google Chrome browser. The issue is after clicking the View icon, the selected document does not display – just a blank screen. This is not directly a Qudos 3 issue but is due to a Google Chrome browser setting. In this case, rather than open the document, the browser has placed a link in the bottom left-hand corner of an otherwise blank screen. Depending on your resolution settings, the link may be off-screen until you enlarge the window or scroll to it.
While we cannot change the default behaviour of Google Chrome, we can suggest a solution: Right-click on the document link in Chrome and select the option ‘Always open files of this type’. You may need to repeat the process for other file types e.g. DOCX, XLSX , PDF etc.
TSA 0026: Email function for new and revised documents
Qudos 3 has the facility to email an individual or group in certain events e.g. a document release or revision. That function relates to the configuration setting "The Email All group name (for Master Documents)". The setting will instruct Qudos 3 to email an individual or group in certain events e.g. a document release or revision. Many installations of Qudos 3 have a default setting of "All mail'. Please note that this is a generic entry only and must be configured to an appropriate value via the menu item Edit / Management Console / The Email All group name (for Master Documents).
This article relates to using the Setting Email address or group name (for changes in Master Document List). The setting applies to merging or auto-forwarding email about a document release or revision.
- Most common method: If an email address is used, a rule may be set in your email software to auto-forward such emails.
- Less common method: If a group is used, the group name should match a selected group in your email software. This option only applies for self-hosted clients where your email software is on the same server as Qudos 3.
TSA 0025: Menu display - items not selecting
This occur may occur after a product update and where the user's browser has cached a superseded menu script that is no longer compatible with the current software version. The issue has been known to occur in isolated instances when updating from v3.33 to v3.34. It may possibly occur after other updates.
The solution is to force the browser to clear its cache. The method of doing that will vary according to browser type / version. For example, in Google Chrome v61, close out of Qudos 3, click the browsers 'Customise and control' icon, select Settings / Advanced / Privacy & Security / Clear browsing data.
TSA 0024: Error 404 when trying to upload a document or attachment
A size limit may be the cause. Qudos3 software does not impose any file size limit on documents or attachments. However, Windows IIS generally does. For our cloud hosting installations, we have limits on the cloud hosting servers of 30mb for a single file which allows for the following possible media content within each file:
- Approx 80 full screen photographs (JPG or PNG format)
- Approx 15 minutes of full screen video (MP4 format hi-res)
- Approx 27 minutes of audio (MP3 at 160 kbps)
In a self-hosting context, you may choose to have a different limit. That may be verified / adjusted within your IIS. We would recommend checking any limits in your IIS and comparing against the file your user is trying to upload.
TSA 0023: Unable to assign an Action to someone without a user account
The general logic behind assigning actions in Qudos 3 is for the assigned person to plan, take, or follow-up action taken on an issue and record that in the software. Most of our clients have a number of workers that may not have that access, and assigning actions to them may result in actions that do not get addressed, and users will also not know who are the most appropriate people to assign actions to. Therefore, the default list of names in the 'Assigned to' drop-down field is those that may complete the record. It will not allow you to enter another name. However, should it be required to assign an Action elsewhere, the People icon next to the field opens a 'pop-up' form which facilitates assigning an Action to anyone in your People List.
If a person is likely to be assigned a number of actions, they could be allocated a spare user account with Edit Actions permissions. If there are no spare user accounts, please contact Qudos to obtain additional licences.
TSA 0022: Unable to unlock a record that has been locked in your own name
This issue may occur if the same person's name is attributed to more than one User Account. We recommend checking through the entries in Security User Accounts. If it is found that person's name is attributed to more than one User Account, then one of them should be assigned to a different person.
TSA 0021: PDF documents opening in a small window - and unable to resize it
Qudos 3 manages your documents and delivers a copy of the document when an authorised request is made. However, it does not control the method or behaviour of opening. Your computer operating system will select the default application for opening files of various types, and that application will control the behaviour - including the window size.
This issue has only been found to occur when the user's browser is Internet Explorer and when a particular Add-on for Adobe PDF files is installed. The browser Add-on causes the PDF to be opened in another browser tab and locks the window size.
SOLUTION: Change to a more modern browser. If that is not possible, an alternative solution may be applied by your IT support or other competent person. In Internet Explorer v11, go to Tools menu / Manage Add-ons. Disable Add-on for Adobe PDF files. This will prevent the browser from opening the file in a new tab with locked size, and will open it in your computer's default application for PDF files. If you don't already have one, the Acrobat Reader application is avaialble as a free download from Adobe and there are various alternative PDF readers also available via the Internet.
TSA 0020: Procedure button - 404 error or opening incorrect file
For Qudos 3 to be be fully integrated into your business operations, it is helpful if users can quickly see your organisation's rules for various tasks and activities. Therefore, there is a Procedure button in each module of Qudos 3, to provide a shortcut to the most relevant documented procedure. For example, in the Risk module, the shortcut can link to your procedure for Risk Assessment.
By default, the Procedure buttons link to a Placeholder document - until your own procedures have been linked to them.
Procedure files should first be added to your Master Document List in the usual way. The shortcuts for each module are then set up in the Management Console (instructions to do that are included in Help section: General / The procedure buttons).
If you are getting a 404 error message, the shortcut is probably pointing to a document that is no longer there. A user with access permissions to the Management Console may check and change the document linked to that button. The same applies if you wish to change the link to a different document.
TSA 0019: Unable to log in
There can be several reasons why a user is unable to log in.If a login attempt is unsuccessful, the Login screen should display information as follows (please note that details may vary slightly between software versions):
Login Result: Invalid Password OR Unable to connect to database.
This may be due to:
- The Password was not entered correctly
- SQL server is switched off or inaccessible
- The database is offline
If this issue only affects one user, it is possible that the password being typed in is incorrect. Double-check the password, and the ‘Caps Lock’ key on the keyboard (the password is case-sensitive). If necessary, a member of the ‘System Managers’ or 'Security' user group may allocate a new password.
If the issue affects multiple users on a self-hosted installation, your Database Administrator should check the status of the database and SQL server and ensure the SQL User ID and Password, as specified in the Web.Config file, is valid and functioning.
If the issue affects multiple users on a Qudos cloud hosted installation, contact Qudos Technical Support.
Login Result: Invalid login! User (ID) has already logged in.
The software security will not allow the same user to be logged in twice simultaneously. This login result may be due to:
- The User already being logged in
- Their last session having ended in an unexpected manner e.g. power failure/comms/operating system failure on the computer they are using
Access will become available again once the original login is closed (either by exit or time-out). In a self-hosted installation, your database administrator may clear the login at SQL database level – in table ’tblSecurityUsers’. After clearing the login entry, the user may have to wait for a few minutes until IIS refreshes its cache.
Login Result: Expired.
All User Accounts have an expiry date. A member of the ‘System Managers’ or 'Security' user group may check and edit expiry dates for any user from menu item Edit / Security / Security User Accounts. If this is not possible:
- Qudos cloud hosted customers should contact Qudos Technical Support.
- In a self-hosted installation, your database administrator may edit a user account expiry date at SQL database level – in table ’tblSecurityUsers’.
Also see TSA 0018 below.
TSA 0018: Alert message "Maximum number of users has been reached" when valid user attempts to log in
The event described can occur if:
- All users have previously logged in, and
- All users ended their last session by closing the browser without exiting from the software first OR in an unexpected manner e.g. power / network / operating system failure on the computer they are using
Immediate resolution: The following steps may be taken by an I.T. administrator with access to the database. In the SQL database table ’tblSecurityUsers’, check the values in the 'Logged in' field. If all entries have a date and time entry, one or more of them may be changed to 'NULL". Caution: This will end their current session, so be sure that they do not have unsaved data first.
The account should now be available for use. The user may have to wait for a few minutes until the server refreshes its cache.
To prevent this issue from occurring, users should be advised to exit from the software (using the exit button or menu item) rather than closing the browser. As long as at least one user exits correctly, the issue will not occur.
TSA 0017: Prompted to Log in when enabling edit of a document
Microsoft Internet Explorer may open a document in a broweser view, with an option to 'Enable editing'. In some cases, clicking that button may prpompt the user to log in rather than displaying the document in a native or edit mode. The solution is to set the site hosting your Qudos 3 installation as a 'Trusted site' using your browser's Settings or Security controls.
The following steps are how to add a site to the list of trusted sites in Internet Explorer v11
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab
- Click the Trusted Sites icon and press the Sites button
- Enter the URL of your Trusted Site, then click Add. This will add the site to the websites box.
- Click Close > OK
This issue has not been known to occur in other browsers. However, for reference, the following steps are how to add a site to the list of trusted sites in Google Chrome v46
- Click the Chrome Menu icon on the far right of the Address bar.
- Click on Settings, scroll to the bottom and click the Show Advanced Settings link.
- Click on Change proxy settings (under Network)
- Click the Security tab > Trusted Sites icon, then click Sites.
- Enter the URL of your Trusted Site, then click Add.
- Click Close > OK.
TSA 0016: The record is locked for editing by (person's name)
Qudos 3 includes a security mechanism to prevent 2 people from editing a record at the same and potentially overwriting each other's work. When someone with edit permissions opens a record, those permissions are reserved for them alone until they close out of the record. In the meantime, others may open the record, but it is displayed in read-only mode.
If the first user does not close the record properly e.g. if they have a computer or network connection failure, the database doesn’t get a message to unlock the record. The resut can be that others see the message: 'Record is locked for editing by (person's name)' - even though the first user is no longer editing it. The solution is for the named person to log in, open that record, then close it. If that person is not available, a system administrator (a member of 'System Managers' security group) may change that user's password, use their account to log in, open the record, then close it.
TSA0015: A revised document has been uploaded, but the previous version is being displayed
If you have gone through the document revision process correctly in Qudos 3, the Master Document List will only be linked to the current version of a document. If the previous version is displayed, that is almost certainly being caused by your browser. It may be caching (or remembering) the previous version of the document. That is done in an attempt to be helpful and saving you from downloading the document again. Unfortunately, in this case, the browser is not being helpful at all!
You can check whether the browser is to blame, by trying to open the document using another browser, or from another computer that has not previously opened that document. If the correct document opens, then you know that the issue is with your original browser.
In most browsers, using Ctrl +F5 keys will force a refresh of the page, However, a surer solution is to clear your browser's cache or viewing history. The method of doing that will vary according to your browser and version. For example:
- In Google Chrome versions 60-76, open the Control and Customize icon (a vertical line of three dots), select History from the drop-down list, then History again on the next form, and click the Clear Browsing Data button. You will be given options on what to clear.
- In Microsoft Edge, open the Settings and more icon (a horizontal line of three dots), select Settings from the drop-down list, then Privacy and Security. Clear browsing data options are displayed at the top of the page.
- In Internet Explorer v11, from the Tools menu, select the General tab, and click the Delete button in the Browsing History section. You will be given options on what to delete.
To avoid the impact of this browser behaviour completely, you could make the filename of a revised document slightly different from the one it is superseding. For example if you have Price_List.xlsx and you are superseding that with a new version, you could name the new version something different - like Price_List_Rev1.xlsx or Price_List_Date.xlsx.
TSA0014: Action Form “Follow Up date” field and calendar inactive
The facility to schedule a follow-up check on tab page 3 of the Action form is disabled until the required details have been entered in the previous tabbed pages. This is to preserve the integrity of action status indication. Check that pages 1 and 2 have been completed and locked.
TSA0013: Reminder email notifications not being received
Scheduled reminders for tasks in Qudos 3 are generated by the add-on application ‘QS3 Notify’. This application is available to all current Qudos 3 subscribers.
For Cloud hosted customers, Qudos technicians will maintain your installation. Just send your Reminder settings requirements using the document in the software Resource Centre.
For Self-hosted customers, the add-on application ‘QS3 Notify’ is included in the downloads portal - accessible to your nominated contact. The recommended option is to add a task to the Windows Task Scheduler to run this program at the required frequency. Instructions on installing and configuring QS3Notify are included in the Admin Guide book. This article describes solutions for the most common causes for failure to send / receive reminder notices.
TSA0012: Action form or other data entry form is flickering
This issue may be caused by 3rd party tools installed on your browser - such as the spell checker in Google toolbar. The solution is to appropriately configure or deactivate the suspected toolbar (from your browser settings or menu e.g. Settings in Google Chrome or View / Toolbars in IE).
TSA0011: Why do I sometimes get a message "You do not have read permissions to this module"
The message is intended to be displayed when a user is trying to access a module that they do not have permission to.
It can also occur if you do have permission, but have experienced a temporary loss of connection to the server hosting the software - in which case, permission is also temporarily lost.
That may be caused by an interruption to your network or internet connection. If you log out of Qudos 3 and back in again, the access permissions should be renewed.
If it keeps occurring, have a technician check your network/internet connections, and that you don’t have a damaged network cable or loose plug.
TSA0010: IE pop-up alert 'Do you want to move away from this page?'
Note: This issue does not apply to the current or recent versions.
Note: This issue does not apply to the current version of Qudos 3 or with any browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer.
In mid-2013, Microsoft introduced an update to versions of their Internet Explorer browser. An element of this update had the effect in web applications of causing an alert box asking for confirmation that you want to move away when changing pages. Qudos engineered a change of code to eliminate this unwanted effect in our applications. The solution is to update to the latest version of Qudos 3.
TSA0009: Pop-ups for Document or People Lookup forms not displaying full-size
TSA0007: Adding a Master Document List viewer.
For Self-hosted installations, you may set up a Master Document List viewer outside of the Qudos 3 application. The viewer is essentially a replica of the Master Document List in Qudos 3. It allows users to search, find and open documents without the need to log into the main application. It therefore does not have the standard security controls, and should only be placed on a ‘trusted’ site where access is otherwise controlled. For that reason it is only available to self-hosted customers.
Files and Instructions (in the Admin Guide) are available in Qudos 3 Downloads portal
TSA0006: Web forms not refreshing: Displaying data from previous record
This may be caused by your browser settings. It can be quickly checked and rectified as follows:
- Log out of Qudos 3
- From browser menu bar, select menu item: Tools/Internet Options
- Select General tab
- In Browsing History area, click Settings button
- For ‘Check for newer Versions of Stored Pages’ - Set to ‘Automatic’ or ‘Every time I visit the webpage’
TSA0005: No tab controls / Unable to scroll to see all parts of form
Note: This issue does not apply to the current or recent versions.
All forms in Qudos 3 should be completely viewable in a 1024x768 resolution monitor. There should be no need to scroll vertically as forms are provided with tab controls to access addtional areas where needed. If Forms do not fit vertically, the most likely reason is that tab controls are missing or not functioning. In very early versions of Qudos 3, the Microsoft dotnet framework 1.1 was specified for tab control. The issue can be caused by one of the following:
- You don't have the dotnet 1.1 framework installed.
Solution - (A) install dotnet 1.1 and service patches - available as a free download from Microsoft - or - (B) change the web config setting to specify the later version of the .net framework (contact Qudos tech support for instructions).
- The web control components are not in the same drive/directory structure at the application (e.g. if the application is installed to the d: drive while the controls files are on the c: drive.
Solution - copy the c:/inetpub/wwwroot/webctrl_client directory (with the web control files) to the same drive and structure as the application.
- Security settings prevent access to the directory with the control's files
Solution - provide the NETWORK SERVICE account with read access and ensure IIS does not prohibit access.
- With Windows Server 2003, dotnet 1.1 framework may have been installed with IIS but not properly registered.
Solution - uninstall and re-install asp.net components
- Everything above does not apply but it still doesn't work.
Solution - Within IIS, select the webctrl_client directory, right click the mouse and select Convert to Application. Ensure it is set to dotnet 1.1 and given its own application pool.
With more recent versions, the dotnet 1.1 framework is not required at all. Complete the Tech Support request form for further information.
TSA0004: Unable to display documents with particular file extensions
When a web application such as Qudos 3 attempts to display a file from a server, that file is served to it by IIS. Problems may occur when the required file type is not registered in IIS. Information on checking and registering new file types is provided in this PDF document.
TSA0003: Error Message - The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address
The error message is advising that the email address string is not in an appropriate format. It can occur if:
- a) One or more recipient email addresses is not in the accepted email format e.g. it doesn't include an '@' symbol or a full stop followed by an extension - such as .org, or .com.
b) An additional email address has been manually added to the string of addresses in the email form, but without a semi-colon and single space to divide it from the previous address.
The first step is to verify the email address(es). If the email has been automatically selected by picking a person from your PeopleList - or 'Other attendee' list for a meeting, check those lists for correctness.
Back to top of list
TSA0002: Being 'timed-out' or denied access to modules in less than the set time-out period
Qudos 3 has its own time-out setting in the Management Console. This is typically set to 30 or 60 minutes. As a web application, the time-out duration of Qudos 3 forms may also be affected by settings on the server and in IIS in particular.
There are time-out settings in several places in IIS. If they are all set to 1 minute more than the Qudos setting, the problem should be solved. Further details are available in the PDF document TSA002-Notes for IIS Settings.
Another server setting which may affect the time-out duration of Qudos 3 forms is Forms Authentication. This may be easily addressed by adding a time-out value in the Forms Authentication section of your Qudos 3 web.config file (in the application's root directory). The time-out value should be expressed in minutes and be the same as in your Qudos 3 Management Console. Example:
TSA0001: Icons not displaying in reports
This issue only applies to early versions of Qudos 3 that utilized Crystal Reports.
- Security access to the report viewer files - ensure the NETWORK SERVICE account and IIS Users have read access to sub-directories and files under C:inetpubwwwrootaspnet_clientsystem_web (and d:inetpubwwwrootaspnet_clientsystem_web etc if you use another drive);
- Ensure that IIS does not prohibit access to the sub-directories and files under inetpubwwwrootaspnet_clientsystem_web; and
- Ensure that the Qudos 3 application is in the same drive and directory structure as the report viewer files e.g. if Qudos 3 is installed in D:inetpubwwwrootQudos then the C:inetpubwwwrootaspnet_client and C:inetpubwwwrootwebctrl_client directories and files should be copied to D:inetpubwwwroot.
- Check the registry to verify the correct drive is referenced:
- Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREBusiness Objects10.5Report Application ServerInProcServerLocalConnectionMgrConnectionDirectoryPath
- Data: c: (or alternative drive depending upon your installation)
If the above fails then copy the 'aspnet_client' folder from 'Inetpubwwwroot' to 'Inetpubwwwrootwebsite-name' - in this case, to the Qudos 3 folder.